CALL FOR ENTRIES: upcoming exhibit to benefit One Place of the Shoals

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 5PM Monday,SEPTEMBER 21ST!

ARTISTS FOR COMMUNITY: in support of One Place of the Shoals

Kennedy-Douglass Center for the Arts is collaborating with Artists for Community to host an exhibit that will raise funds for One Place of the Shoals, a non-profit organization that provides crisis care services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.  We are accepting artwork submissions from the public for this community art show that will also feature artwork by UNA faculty and art students. UNA art students created Artists for Community to raise money for Shoals area non-profits, all artwork included in the show will be for sale, 60% of all proceeds will be donated to One Place, the artist will receive the remaining 40%. The exhibit will open Saturday, October 3rd  and will remain open through Friday, October 16th. The Artists for Community exhibit will be centered around community support for One Place of the Shoals, a ground-breaking collaborative family justice center that provides a safe and comforting atmosphere with state-of-the-art facilities for victims and their children facing this most difficult part of their lives. 

We will be accepting artwork in the following mediums:

2D: Painting, Drawing, Photography, Digital prints and Collage

3D: Sculpture, Mixed Media and Mobile

Artists may submit up to 3 pieces. Questions may be emailed to: nmairesse@florenceal.org.

The application period has ended for the Artists for Community exhibit, and all submissions have been juried. Applicants will be notified via email if their artwork will be part of the show.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s